Does your office pay to recycle cardboard boxes? Do you also purchase packing material for shipments? HSM thinks you should stop paying and start shredding with their ProfiPack 400 Tabletop Cardboard Shredder. This efficient device takes the cardboard you already have on hand and turns it into packing material, thus saving you money and eventually paying for itself. Here is a closer look at the details of the ProfiPack 400.
- Smaller offices will especially appreciate the petite dimensions of this machine. Sitting only 14 inches high, this shredder can reside on a tabletop for access by many users. It's even small enough to store on a desk or shelf if needed.
- Operation of this shredder is simple even for the most inexperienced user. A single rotary switch controls on, off, and reverse functions. There is a built-in ruler for easy measuring if you need a specific size. And the sturdy metal housing is designed to be durable enough to withstand long lasting, rigorous use.
- The powerful, specially adjusted motor is also built for long use. With thermal protection against overheating, the engine can provide high performance shredding even during extended use.
- Solid steel rollers easily slice through the cardboard pieces, unaffected by small metal objects that may get mixed in. The rollers are uniquely designed to perforate, pad and cut your cardboard to the proper size, then slice it into usable packing material. Since this all occurs in a single pass, you'll save time and be able to shred twice as much.
- One layer of 3/8" thick cardboard can pass through the 16 inch feed at once. The piece is processed as fast as 26 feet per minute. The packing materials created will protect even sensitive items being shipped, such as a bottle of wine or a lamp.
- HSM backs this product with a one year warranty on parts and labor. The sturdy cutting cylinders are covered by a ten year warranty.
- Although small, this device weighs about 82 pounds. This isn't overly heavy and there are casters on the bottom for easier mobility. If you think you may need to move it often, you might think about storing the shredder on a mobile cart to roll from one location to another.
- Only one layer of cardboard can go through at once. While this might not be an issue for some, others may prefer the next model up, the 425, which can handle 2-3 layers at a time.
- This shredder doesn't come with a waste bin. Likely your cardboard pallets will just pile up on the floor after exiting the machine. If this is an issue for you, we recommend the Intimus PacMate, which is comparable but also provides a waste bag frame.
Clearly, the ProfiPack is a money saving device beneficial to any size office. Small distribution centers and warehouse areas would especially appreciate the cost-effectiveness of creating their own packing materials. The small footprint allows it to fit even in tiny offices. With swift blades and easy operation, this device is both efficient and convenient. We think the ProfiPack 400 is an excellent addition to any office.
If you'd like to purchase the HSM ProfiPack 400, you should really visit MyBinding.com. They have this product available at a great price and they also have a wide selection of other Cardboard Shredders. Plus, you'll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00. Check it out for yourself now!